A Brief Update
Fusion is the brand name of Ambience Fincap Private Limited, NBFC registered with RBI vide registration no B-14.02857 dated 09/01/2003. Fusion – which means blending/union – founded to provide micro-credit and micro-insurance to the poor people who are excluded from the mainstream financial institutions.
The company has been started by two very well experienced and knowledgeable professionals with vast experience and complementary skills in Banking, Financial Services and supply chain management. The initial working capital of approx 2.25 crores has been infused by the two promoters and angel investors. The company has the privilege of being provided excellent consultancy services by 'Intellecash' - one of the expert & pioneer consultants in the Microfinance industry.
Fusion is head quartered in New Delhi and is operational in the less penetrated North Central part of India (Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, and Delhi). The company started its Greenfield operations in January 2010 and further augmented it by acquiring the microfinance division Aajeevika (a not for profit body operating in Delhi). At the time of acquisition Aajeevika had a base of 1280 members with a loan book of Rs 6.3 million.
The company follows the JLG model. Fusion Microfinance offers loan in the range of 15, 000 to 30,000 at effective rate of Interest of 26.00% per annum. The upfront processing fee is 1.25% plus service tax.
|Total No. of Active Borrower||98,105||66,806||36,905||21,488|
|Portfolio At Risk PAR > 30 days||0.03%||0.00%||0.59%|
Till date October 31, 2013 the Fusion Microfinance Private Limited (FMPL) has successfully demonstrated the team strength. In more than 3.5 years of its operation the company has disbursed 165,218 loans amounting to in INR 22,222.56 lacs and got sanction of INR 13,415.04 lacs from 15 banks and financial Institution. Importantly Fusion Micro Finance was able to maintain its progress through the whole industry was going with rough period and had constructive growth in the portfolio.
Successful Achievement of the Fusion shown by below graphical presentation
Technology & MIS
Phase – 1: Technology – Operations
Fusion believes that in the current competitive world, the use of technology is very important and needs to be deployed properly for generating MIS for management, monitoring business growth, effective controls, enhance employee productivity, lower transaction costs and drive overall better efficiencies in the system.
Fusion decided to partner with Force Ten Technologies after taking proper feedback on overall software platform, scalability and after sales service.
It is comprehensive, user friendly and with end-to-end multi application platform with branch and head office modules.
Fusion got the following customization done in the software:
- Complete Receipt Management module to have better control on the collection mechanism.
- To capture the social acceptance index of the customer viz; Land owned by the customer of which irrigated / non irrigated land, Assets in possession of family, Income from other sources to meet ends, any skill currently used to earn livelihood of the family.
- Cumulative income from all sources and amount spent under various house hold heads like Food Bill, Education of Children, Health, Electricity, etc. to arrive at house hold cash flows
- Capturing the information about existing loans from other institutions including MFI's.
- Provision to capture number of the KYC document submitted by the customer.
- Control mechanisms like rejection of duplicate KYC document number if data already entered in the system.
Phase - 2: Document Management System (DMS)
Fusion plans to implement DMS to manage customer application and other related documents. It will enable organization across the verticals effectively create, capture, store, retrieve, distribute, archive and dispose off content.
- Risk mitigation by keeping the records in soft form also
- Comply with regulatory requirements
- Allows setting comprehensive policies for storing and retaining content for compliance
- Reduce cost burdens
Fusion has got developed Web based in-house HR software which is built on PHP. This software is web based with multi functionality available thus accessible for enquiry log in to all employees of the company with limited rights. Very exhaustive and user friendly in terms of capturing maximum possible information relating to all employees of the organization at branches and Head Office, including inventory management. The software covers Employee management, attendance, salary management, Regulatory compliance i.e. ESI, PF & taxation, and leave management. Various management information reports are also available for the senior management.
The software provides complete employee profile, salary slips, HR policies and current notices and also captures any grievance of individual employee through employee login to be responded by HR department.
- Centralized control with HR department at HO for all the functions available
- Employee Information: Details of Personal information, Leave management, Salary & perks with PF, ESI and Tax calculations, Movement of Staff. The system is designed to generate customized reports for the benefit of senior management.
- Inventory, Billing and Record Management The same software is capable of handling Inventory, Billing and record management for the organization. All the assets of the organization and Hardware can be controlled starting from purchases to maintenance etc; similarly payment of vendor Bills and maintenance of Office Records can also be controlled.
- Scalability: Capable of recording information for any number of employees.
Funder Wise Exposure to company shown by below graphical representation
The company has gone through the grading from a reputed Intuition i. e. CRISIL in the Months of July 17, 2013. CRISIL Microfinance Institution (MFI) grading is an opinion on the ability of an MFI to conduct its operation in a scalable and sustainable manner. The MFI grading is a measure of the overall performance of an MFI on a board range of parameter and has assigned an MFI grading of MFR 4 (MFR Four) to Fusion Microfinance Private Limited.
Compliance of RBI Circular
As the microfinance sector is going through a phase of re-organization the speculation regarding the Malegam committee have been put to rest with the circular by RBI which regulated the recommendations' through its Monetary Policy Followed by the RBI Circular RBI/2010-11/505 dated 3rd May 2011 & RBI circular RBI/2011-12/290 Dated December 2, 2011. Greater Social developments and customers benefit have always been at the core of fusion value system.
Future Business Plan
The company having promising business plan and managements is constantly involved in implementing it. The company also plants to deepen its presence in its geographies.
RBI Fair Practise Code
Pursuant to the Notification issued by the Reserve Bank of India by its Circular No.RBI/2006-07/138 DNBS (PD) CC No.80/03.10.042/2005-06 dated September 28, 2006, Ambience Fincap Pvt Ltd has drafted...
Client Grievance Handling
Fusion's policy on customer grievance redressal is based on the following principles:
- All initiatives and strategies of Fusion will be customer focused.
MFIN Code of Conduct
As all MFIN Member MFIs are regulated by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), they are already required to follow all prudential norms as well as consumer protection practices laid down by the RBI...